Most mothers deal with the trouble of feeding healthier foodstuff to the young ones. Spinach and greens are toughest nut to crack. Here are two yummy recipes.
1. Soupy Noodles: serves 4
Tomatoes – 4
Bottle gourd: 50 percent of a modest one particular
Carrots: two. small and tender
Spinach – 8 leaves (take out the stems)
Onion – 1
Garlic: half round ( 8-10 cloves)
Salt and pepper to style.
Entire cumin seeds. ( jeera) – just one desk spoon
Noodles*: 400 gms ( quick or other)
• Peel onion, garlic, bottle gourd and carrots.
• Clean spinach carefully.
• Clean all the other vegetable such as tomatoes.
• Chop the veggies in smaller pieces, all over one to two inches.
• Place all the greens and the cloves in a strain cooker.
• Insert 250 ml drinking water.
• Shut the lid of the force cooker and when it starts to whistle, set the gasoline flame to minimal.
• Continue to keep it for 10 minutes.
• In the meantime cook dinner the noodle or boil the noodles as per the recommendations.
• In case of fast noodles, it is just two minutes while other noodle could choose for a longer time and involve draining of water.
• Include flavouring and spices as provided with the fast noodles.
• In situation of other noodles, drain the drinking water just after boiling and insert salt, purple chilli sauce and vinegar as for each style.
• At the time the noodles are performed, put these aside.
• Switch off the fuel, hold out for the steam to dissipate.
• Open up the strain cooker lid diligently.
• In scenario employing a metal blender, mix the sizzling vegetable extensively in scenario working with a mixer, grinder or plastic blender wait around for the veggies to neat, then blend completely.
• Just take a large sieve and pressure these blended vegetables through it.
• Use a stapula to crush and press the vegetable by way of the strainer.
• Choose a significant pan and incorporate noodles and blended (and strained) vegetables in that pan.
• Roast the cumin seeds on the very hot girdle ( tawa).
• Crush these roasted seeds into powder. ( I put these on chakla and roll rolling pin i.e. belan in excess of these).
• Include this powder to the noodle and soup combination.
• Insert salt and black pepper to the soupy noodles.
• A quite nourishing, definitely non fattening food stuff for the winter season evenings is ready.
#While serving in the bowls, this soup can be garnished with boiled eggs.
*Instead of noodles, pasta/ macaroni can be used.
2. Taco for tiffins: Two tacos
Full wheat flour: 100 gms
Heat drinking water: 200 ml
Salt: a pinch
Ajwain*: a pinch
Purified butter/ ghee: 1 tablespoon
Potato – a single boiled
Cheese – 50 gms grated
Environmentally friendly peas – 50 gms boiled
Fenugreek (Methi) environmentally friendly leaves – two sprigs, (washed and incredibly finely chopped)
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Oregano – a pinch
Sandwich spread – optional
Increase flour, salt, ajwain and purified butter in large plate/ pan.
Slowly add heat h2o to knead and make soft dough.
Make 2 balls out of this dough.
Put a iron girdle on fireplace.
Roll out the dough balls in wide round pancakes. (size of a quarter plate)
Cook dinner these pancakes on the incredibly hot girdle a person by a person, turning it about, when one aspect is finished.
Mash with each other, the potato, cheese, pea and fenugreek leaves.
Add salt, pepper and oregano.
Spread a skinny layer of sandwich distribute around the pancakes, one particular by just one. (optional)
Distribute the vegetable, cheese mash also on the pancake/ taco.
Roll the taco and use toothpick at the finishes to retain it closed.
Grill these rolled tacos in the grill plate of waffle maker.
Provide hot with eco-friendly chutney or sauce.
# For filling any dry cooked vegetable can be applied, e.g. cauliflower, cabbage, carrots etc. or scrambled eggs can be applied.
*Ajwain is also identified as carom, Carum copticum/Trachyspermum copticum/Trachyspermum ammi, or bishop’s weed.